Saturday, August 06, 2011

And so I've read Before Ever After ( by Samantha Sotto)



There is so much talk about the Samantha Sotto (and her book)-- the first Filipina published by Random House New York, that its hard not to get caught up with the hype. I follow Sam on twitter and she sounds like a very nice person that I was a bit worried that I might be biased into liking the book. So before my expectation gets too high, I decided to make do with the ebook version since the book isn't available yet in Singapore, and read it as soon as possible.

As I type this blog post, my head aches with the little sleep I've had the past few days. I tried to read Before Ever After every little chance I've got, between working full day and my mommy duties. Its the type of story that is hard to put down. When I finished this morning, a part of me was sad that the journey is over, even if I did like the ending. But a part of me was relieved that I can sleep early tonight!

I love the journey of the story. I really like the historical pieces because I am fascinated with European history myself (currently obsessing with English Medieval history). I thought those portions were wonderfully written.

Its a romantic book and I liked Sam's take on (all kinds of) love but to be honest, I am currently too sleepy now to remember the quotes of my favorite bits. Nevermind, I plan to re-read this story once I get hold of the actual book. So that I can join Max and Shelly's journey once again.

No comments: