Sunday, June 12, 2011

Something Blue

So yey, I finally got to watch Something Borrowed, the movie based on a book with the same title by Emily Giffin that I previously blogged about.

Since I pretty much knew the story, the movie did not disappoint. I really enjoyed John Krasinski's portrayal of Ethan most of all (I didn't remember him to be that funny from the book) which made me re-read Something Blue, the sequel story. Ethan is an important part of that story as well, although its about Darcy this time.

I really do hope they turn Something Blue to a movie too.I really liked the sequel story better, even though Darcy's character in Something Borrowed wasn't the type you would root for. She was a selfish person then. However the sequel is set immediately after Rachel and Dex' story so it tells what Darcy went through as she realized her mistakes, tried to be a better person and how she finally moved on. The change in Darcy wasn't an overnight thing, nor was it perfect. But with time, distance and new friends, she did change to the happy person that she wanted and deserved to be.

I like the idea of people changing to be better persons, about growing up, and moving on. Am that kind of optimistic. I hope its something I'd always remember, that change for the better IS possible. For me, for the people around me.

I never want to lose hope.

1 comment:

janie said...

Hi!

I have something for you over at my site.

http://hoogoeswhere.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-awards-basking-in-sun-in-style.html

I don't know if you're into these things, pasensya na hehe :)