Friday, May 27, 2011

Peyton speaks

I realized I haven't written about my (not so) little girl since she turned one  . And it was an embarassingly short entry. I take multitude of her pictures and since they say a picture is worth a thousand words, I didn't think I needed to write anymore! Ok ok, that sounded like a very lame excuse. So here it is, a quick update on Peyton especially for our family and friends back in the Philippines.


Peyton's a very active and curious little girl. But she took her time before talking so I get amazed when she's speak full sentences like:

"Mama, are you ok?"  -- I hear this a lot of times, because I am a klutz and I'd always hit  myself against something.

"Mama, let's play blocks" -- one time when I was working at home. This made me quickly close the laptop. She was right. I mean, I am home, I shouldn't be working.

"No, I am reading" - last night, when I told her we need to go to sleep (she's not actually reading, she was looking at the pictures of her Disney Princesses book)

"Promise, Mama?" - when I told her she can do something after she'd do something that I want, like she can watch Pocoyo after finishing her milk.

 "How about a hug?"  -- when we are already in bed and I'd ask her to go to sleep.

I am amazed with some of the words she'd use, like "beach ball"  as opposed to just a ball, or "toy airplane" as opposed to a just airplane. (I guess coz she knows airplanes are really big)

Her first named friend is Berry. Usually after our playdates, for days, she'd be requesting to , "How about, play Berry?" Whenever I give her choices on what to do for the day like, "Do you want to play basketball? Go to the playground?"

She'd pick the shoes she'd want to wear, "Wear black!" She'd ask her Dada to carry her, "Mimi carry you!" (ok this is weird but that's how she'd say it) And where she'd want to sleep, "Sleep Mama's room!"


She gives her opinion on her next sibling. Our conversation would go like this:

Me: Peyton, do you like a baby sister or a baby brother?
Peyton: Baby sister!
Me: if that's the case, you need to sleep in your own room because the baby would sleep with mama!
Peyton: Hmmm, how about a baby brother?
(hahaha! I guess she doesn't want to be bumped off our bed)

There are so much more fun anecdotes! Peyton at 3 years old is really enjoyable. She doesn't talk much (takes after me, right???) But she gives her opinions, she voices her desires. My most favorite at this moment I guess is when I'd say, "I love you, Peyton..." She'd reply, "I love you, Mama."  Sweetest words, sometimes together with a hug. I melt. (I am sure other mommys can relate!) Bob says that's my weakness. And its so true!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww! :) that's just so sweet :)