Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My life in lists

Once upon a time there was a girl who wanted to be a writer but really never gotten around to it, but not for the lack of trying. She had diaries and journals of unfinished stories. She wanted to take up creative writing in college but her parents advised her against it. So she took statistics instead. She then started a blog, but would slack off every now and then and stop writing. Or write about nonsense things. As you can guess, that girl is me.

I have always struggled with good writing because I have difficulties sharing about myself. And because I am forgetful. And sometimes lazy. I know I would never change, not drastically anyway. So I was glad when I stumbled upon listography, where you get to write in lists!

My life in lists. There is an iphone app version but I prefer actual writing

I would randomly choose a list to write or a list to continue whenever I am in the mood to write. I don't pressure myself to finish one list in one sitting, since I don't get to remember a lot of things in one go anyway.

I love reading and yet I can't even remember all my favorite books!

Some lists are really interesting to fill up
Some are quite hard to fill up!
And there are those I would NEVER fill up, hahaha!
The best kind of lists are those you'd like to remember forever


I think about why I want to write. I think one of the reasons is that I feel like I have something to say, and I want to be able to read that "something" in the future. So I can remember! My life in lists might not fully articulate the "somethings" that I really want to write about, but its a great way to kickstart my brain to recall things!

No comments: