Monday, October 18, 2010

Triumph vs Spanx

Ok so I am unbashedly promoting Triumph's Shape Sensation for shaping underwear. But at the same time, am not oblivious that Spanx is currently hottt when it comes to shaping so the responsible shopper in me did the only right thing to do... try out Spanx too!

I creeped past Triumph's counter in Takashimaya Department Store to get to Spanx... and got overwhelmed. They've got so many types! But to be fair, I tried the closet thing to Triumph's high waist panty girdle.



Immediately, I can see a difference from Triumph's -- length is too long for my torso. High waist girdles supposed to reach just below the breasts but there was an inch extra for me. When I told the sales consultant about it she mentioned that its supposed to be "tucked" under my bra. Huh? But under my bra would be my breasts, so it would go over my breasts? Hmmm... But support-wise, there is nothing I can complain about. It was tight. Its pretty much a no frills, does-its-job kind of a girdle.

Spanx's Higher Power High Waisted Panty is priced at around $10 more than Triumph's. My verdict? Its a good functional piece which makes me understand its popularity. But the novice shapewearer that I am prefers Triumph's lacey black... because it fits me better, does its job and still looks nice :)

No comments: