Thursday, September 09, 2010

First day (shopping) in Munich

This is a much delayed posting of some photos from my Munich trip. Photos are few and not too great -- I wasn't really ready when I left, so all these pictures were taken using my Nokia E71 camera.

I basically did (only) two things in Munich, which is shop and work. I was only there for 4 days anyway. First day was shopping! Yep, we got our priorities right :)

I liked the location of our hotel! This is the view from my hotel.
Coz Karstadt is a department store!

First meal in Munich was lunch at this local cafe
It was a quaint cafe ran by locals
The menu was all german!

We asked the waitress what she'd recommend. Got this plateful of food
Half of the plate is potatoes

After lunch was shopping. Neuhauser straße, one of the main shopping areas, was walking distance from our hotel. 
Pedestrian lane between rows of shops


The fountain at one end, near Karlsplatz


Street Performers
It has its share of wastelands, disposable fashion houses such as Pimkie, Fashion Club, etc

Got cheap EUR10 shoes here

Kiddle slide in one of the shoe stores
The high-end boutiques stores are inside Karstadt Oberpollinger. It got LV, Gucci, Prada, Miu Miu, Ferragamo, Longchamp boutiques, to nama a few.

My Longchamp haul. Ok, bought only one for myself everything else is for other people!
Together with shopping we've gotten some work done...I think in this industry, those two go hand in hand...went through various department stores checking out store displays and ads.

Window display at Karstadt

So that was my first day, the rest was just work.  Next post would be the assorted photos of Munich, snaps I took in between working :)

No comments: